Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Suggestion

Dr. Aberg: I have written to you numerous times and thank you for all your help. I do go to many doctors and have had many different blood work done. Everything comes back negative thank god. But now I have had thrush and was diagnosed with shingles last week, is there a test for different strains that I can get since the person I was with said he had relations with someone from Africa and where can I get them. Have asked many of my doctors for this test but they think I am being paranoid. I have vaginal infections, burning mouth, thrush, and now shingles with 1 wart and occasion sores on my vaginal area. The shingles are located on my lower back. What are your suggestions. I know that you said I need no further testing but with the thrush and shingles and no diagonose I am very upset. Thank you and Happy Holidays to all of you on The Body Forum.

Response from Dr. Aberg

I realize you are anxious because of having both shingles and thrush but you need to accept that both thrush and shingles occur in individuals that do not have HIV. If you continue to have recurrent infections, then you may want to consider seeing an infectious disease specialist or immunologist to screen for other immune disorders. But please remember, the majority of people who develop shingles do not have HIV or any other disorder.

should I be worried ?
swollen lymph nodes