Women and HIVWomen and HIV

should I be worried ?

I was diagnosed 10 months ago and have been doing well with my lab results;however my liver enzymes are highy elevated.I am hepc and hepb negative.I was also a frequent tylenol popper does this have anything to do with the elevated levels? Or could it be something else? T.Y

Response from Dr. Aberg

There are many reasons why your liver enzymes may be elevated. There are other lab tests that one would need to know to further classify your disease. Liver disease is broadly classified into 3 categories: damage to the liver itself, disease surrounding the liver such as the gallbladder or ducts and vascular abnormailities. If it is only your liver enzymes that are elevated, than this is typically due to "hepatitis" or inflammation of the liver. Hepatitis may be secondary to infections, toxins or drugs. Tylenol certainly can damage the liver but I do not know your complete history and lab results so I do not want to jump to any conclusions. You should discuss your concerns with your doctor. I will be happy to discuss this further with you once you get more details.

The side effects of AIDS medication on women?
Suggestion