Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Thrush

Dr Aberg: After following your advice and getting a 6 month negative test for hiv1/2 I was diagnosed with thrush, have mouth ulcers and burning tongue. Would you recommend further testing in this case. Went to private doctor she said it sounds like hiv. Had a dna at 17 weeks and rna at 10 weeks. What should I do. Thank you

Response from Dr. Aberg

Please see my other responses dealing with thrush. If you have not had any potential HIV exposures in the interim from the time you first got tested, I would not get another test for HIV. You have had testing for six months including looking for detectable virus and all have been negative. You can have thrush without having HIV. Also, other conditions may mimic thrush. If you are still having oral symptoms, your doctor may want to look for other conditions.

just diagnosed
am i infected through my tatoo