Women and HIVWomen and HIV

just diagnosed

I have asked this question several times but still have not received an answer. I would appreciate any help you could give to me. I was just diagnosed in Sept. as Hiv pos. then in Oct. Iwas rediagnosed as having Aids/C3, with Chronic neutropenia. Could you please explain the C3 in my diagnosis I don,t understand what that means. Thank You

Response from Dr. Aberg

The Centers for Disease Control have a classification system based upon a persons CD4 count and associated symptoms. The numbers 1,2 and 3 correspond to the CD4 count and A,B and C correlate to clinical disease. C3 means that you have a CD4 count less than 200 and have or have had one of the clinical diseases in that category. This system is frequently used for data collection.

Will a PAP disclose if u are HIV+
Thrush