|Would Grave's Disease give false posiive on HIV test
Nov 4, 2001
Would testing positive for the antibodies (tsa's) for Grave's disease affect a home test for HIV?
I have been having health problems as of late, and they think it is my thyroid, but I would like to HIV test as well, but am wondering the accuracy.
Response from Dr. Aberg
Grave's disease rarely may cause a false positive ELISA or screening test but should not cause a false positive Western Blot. I would recommend that you have your doctor obtain the HIV test, therefore, if there was any question about a false-positive, s/he could order the appropriate follow-up tests.
Will a PAP disclose if u are HIV+
- Graves Disease And Hiv Testing
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.