Nov 4, 2001
I was wondering if oyu could have Thrush and not be HIV positive?
Response from Dr. Aberg
Yes. Thrush is a yeast infection of the mouth and may occur in some individuals taking antibiotics, use of steroids, other immune compromised conditions such as cancers and chemotherapy, malnutrition and other diseases. It also may be seen in infants and the elderly. However, unexplained thrush is a good reason to get tested for HIV as thrush is commonly seen in people with HIV infection.
Would Grave's Disease give false posiive on HIV test
- Does Sore On Mouth Mean I Have Hiv?
- Headache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Is Flaky Skin A Symptom Of HIV?
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.