Women and HIVWomen and HIV

cleared but still worried

My question is that i was told that I have genial warts last year. I was taking treatment and it worked because I been getting checked every 3 months and I been cleared everytime I go. The doctor is very suprise to see the results that I have now. I had a laser surgery and it took me about 5 months to be okay because they were still growing on me. I have been clear for almost 6 months already and I havent had any wards anymore. I had the aldara for a treatment for 3 months and it worked too. My question is that I have been having sexual relationships with my boyfriend and he has been giving oral sex all the time is there any way that I can still give him anything even sexually if I been cleared for a long time and I still keep on getting checked every 4 to 5 months and I am still clear? I know that the virus is still there and I can bring it back if I dont take care of myself but could this still happen if i still have unprotected sex? I would really want to know this because I am really concerned if I have passed it on to my boyfriend. He doesnt know about the virus that I have been caring. But I have been sleeping with him without a condom when i found out i was clear. I would really appreciated if you would help me as soon as possible. Thank you

Response from Dr. Aberg

You can never eradicate the virus (human papilloma virus, HPV) that causes warts. Therapy has little effect on the transmission of the disease. There is no data to show that treatment decreases the risk of developing cancer from HPV. You should have at least yearly PAP smears and if your PAP has been abnormal, it should be repeated sooner.

I would encourage you to disclose to your boyfriend that you have HPV and you should use condoms at all times. Your boyfriend is clearly at risk of becoming infected if he isn't already. He should see his doctor for an examination.

Biological reason why it is almost imposible for a man to get infected from a woman?
High prolactin levels