Sep 29, 2001
I was tested for Hiv 8 years after possible exposure and it was negative and I recently learned that a guy I was with is hiv+.I am really freaking out Should I be worried even though I had a test 8 years after I was with him and it was negative.Is there anyway the test was a false negative after 8 years?
Response from Dr. Aberg
NO, if it has been 8 years since you had contact with this person and your HIV test is negative, you do not have HIV. You do not need to get another test.
hiv and the poos
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
- What Kind Of Discharge From A Vagina Comes Along With The Herpes Virus?
- Are Lymph Node Swelling Ringing Ears Vision Change Signs Of Hiv?
- Are White Patches That Are On My Toungue A Sign Of HIV?
- Can I Get HIV From Sanitary Pad?
- Can You Get Aids By Kissing On The Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.