Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Female to Female infection

I was wondering if you had any information about the possiblity of HIV being transmitted from one woman to another via oral sex? Is this likely? I was wondering if you had any studies that I could look to find out information about the likely hood of transmittion via this route?

Response from Dr. Aberg

I am unaware of any studies that specifically address the oral transmission of HIV in women who have sex with women (WSW). There was a study by Greta Bauer and Seth Welles published in the American Journal of Public Health August 2001 examing transmission of sexually transmitted diseases among WSW. You can request a reprint from Ms. Bauer at bauer@epi.umn.edu She may have further information regarding this subject.

wife has hiv for 10 years and never taken any meds
BLACK WOMEN AIDS AND GAY OR BISEXUAL BLACK MEN?