Women and HIVWomen and HIV

woman to woman transmission pt. 2

Again, I Thank You for your honesty and candor in responding to this important issue and I will certainly follow up on the site that you suggest and let you know what I find. My follow-up question deals with your comment: "We do know that women can give other women HIV and STD's but I do not know the actual risk" May I inquire how this is known since it is also acknowledged that so little information exists. Are you referring to some specific evidence in making that comment, if so, please share, lives are in the balance here and I would like to know. HELP! a concerned womyn

Response from Dr. Aberg

We know that women who have sex with women (WSW) can transmit STD's because information is collected regarding transmission for partner notification. There have been reports of HIV among WSW. There is absolutely no reason to believe that a woman could not give a STD to another woman. I do not have actual risks as I have never seen these calculated. I have personally seen STD's among women who have only had sex with women. Everyone needs to practice safer sex regardless of who their partners are.

clear this up please.
Hiv & Menoupause