|woman to woman transmission
Jul 31, 2001
What are my risks of contracting HIV or other STD if I am having unprotected sex (oral, penitrative vaginal or anal) with another woman who is positive?
a concerned woman
Response from Dr. Aberg
I cannot tell you your exact risk but a woman can transmit HIV to another woman. You should be practicing safe sex using vaginal or oral dams. Transmission is higher during menses and if you have any open sores such as herpes or yeast infections. Don't put yourself at risk. Use precautions all the time.
Many attempts and I am worried please help!
Studies on women & HIV transmission
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Antibiotics Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can Vaginal Prolapse Cause Low Back Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.