The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Jul 24, 2001

What type of rash is associated with HIV/AIDS? Can you describe what they look like?

Response from Dr. Aberg

There are many different types of rash someone with HIV may have. There is no rash that is specific (meaning you only get) with HIV. You cannot look at a rash and say, "Oh that is HIV" as one can typically do for chickenpox. There are many types of other infections that cause skin lesions or rash that are more commonly seen in individuals with HIV, but also occur in people without HIV. If you have a rash or skin lesion, have your doctor look at it.

worried and unsure
Many attempts and I am worried please help!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint