|How soon would I have symptoms?
Jul 21, 2001
I had unprotected sex 9 months ago with partner of unknown status. Would I have had any symptoms by now if I was infected with HIV? I have not been sick at all.
Response from Dr. Aberg
No. Not everyone has any signs or symptoms right away. That is one of the major problems with the transmission of HIV. People may have HIV for years without any signs or symptoms so they may transmit HIV without knowing it. Anyone who has had unprotected sex with an unknown HIV status, should get a HIV test.
worried and unsure
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.