Jul 21, 2001
How soon after hiv infection do women experience vaginal infections? How often do they reoccur? Does the cd4 count have any bearing on vaginal problems?
Response from Dr. Aberg
Interesting enough, there have been several studies comparing yeast infections in HIV + and HIV - women and there is not an increased incidence of yeast infections in women who have HIV. It is more common to have oral yeast infections in HIV but not vaginal. The CD4 count also has no bearing on vaginal infections but it does for oral infections.
How soon would I have symptoms?
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.