Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Once again

Doctor Aberg,

My article was please help dated June 30. I would like to ask you another question if possible. I thank you for your first response. I went to the doctor to be treated for the bacterial vaginosis and the first treatment didn't work. Went to an infectious diease doctor and had std checked Chamdydia serology, HBV, HCV, and syphillis all negative. Also after 104 days he gave me a p24 antigen test which was negative. I was told by many sources that this negative test means nothing. I had an rna pcr, 2 elisa both negative one at twelve (86 days) weeks. I have extreme fatigue and don't know where to turn. I also went to my regular physician and he gave me a cbc which was all normal. The doctors are telling me that there is not a guarantee but they think I should move on with my life and get some mental help. Do you agree or what should my next step be a Proviral DNA PCR since hiv confidential says that test is accurate at 28 days and that after 12 weeks and a negative results no further hiv testing is needed and they are there to sell test. How and what would your suggestion be. I am sorry to bother you but if I felt anywhere near 99 I would really love to let this horrible experienece go. Thank you so much.

Response from Dr. Aberg

It is highly unlikely that you have HIV given a negative HIV viral load and antibody test at 12 weeks but the official recommendations are that you have a HIV test repeated at 6 months. I agree that you are having lots of anxiety over this. You do need to get yourself up and going again.

It is normal to have anxiety after an exposure but you also cannot let it ruin your life. You need to get on with your previous routine or try something new.

Liver Disease and HIV
please help: furry tongue