|Liver Disease and HIV
Jul 16, 2001
Hi I wrote you before but you never answered my question. My cousin's 3 year old son was just diagnosed with liver disease and she said he was born with it - but she tells us that he has HIV. What exactly does this mean? Does this mean that she might get AIDS or that he might, too? I'm concerned! Please help!
Response from Dr. Aberg
You should ask your cousin for clarification. You do not have enough information or you may have misunderstood what your cousin said. I suggest you talk to your cousin and ask her what he has. Not everyone who has liver disease has HIV and not everyone with HIV has liver disease. Some people with HIV do have liver disease which can be from other infections such as hepatitis or other conditions. So, get the facts and let us know if we can help.
Nipple discharge a risk for HIV?
- Herpes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Tongue After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.