Jun 30, 2001
What are the chances of me getting HIV/AIDS, with a hesterectomy?
Response from Dr. Aberg
This question can be taken 2 ways.
One: Can you get HIV/AIDS from having the surgery. This would be virtually impossible unless you received contaminated blood products.
Two: Are you still at risk of getting HIV/AIDS from sexual contact if you have had a hysterectomy? ABSOLUTELY, YES. HIV can be transmitted through any open mucosa so yes you can acquire it via your vagina or rectum. Although less likely, you can acquire HIV during oral sex as well. So use a condom even if you have had a hysterectomy.
- Itchy Vagina After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Do You Catch Trichomoniasis?
- Is There An Std That Causes Back Pain?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.