Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Native American Women

Do you have information on Native American or canadian Aboriginal Women and HIV/AIDS or can you direct me to a good resource......many thanks Eunice

Response from Dr. Aberg

It is interesting that you should ask. I just returned from the Canadian Association for HIV Research annual meeting which was excellent. There are many services specifically for the aboriginal communities. I suggest that you go the the British Columbia Person with AIDS Society web page (http://www.bcpwa.org)

There are mutiple links. From links, go to Canada and then choose The AIDS Committee of Toronto. From there click on ACT's services for community, then click on by target group. The next page will open to give you many types of communities including the aboriginal community. There are many resources available. This is just one of the many services available on the web. I suggest you look at the other BC sites such as the BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS.

Weight Shift from legs to abdomen
hiv+ and menopause