Women and HIVWomen and HIV

IS THIS FOR REAL!!??

PLEASE tell me the truth about this. My husband tested HIV+ 3 years ago. We divorced 6 months later. We never had sex after learning of his HIV+ status. I had MANY blood tests for the first year (all of which came back negative). However, my sister (who is an RN) told me that she attended a lecture about infectious diseases a couple of days ago and was told "the HIV is so smart that some people do not become positive until almost 5-10 years after being infected." She went on to tell me "So you are not out of the woods yet." Is this true? Is it possible that the CDC and the various physicians I have spoken with have been misinformed? Are there new unpublicized findings about the HIV virus? This, obviously is a source of much concern for me. In advance please accept my gratitude and appreciation for your honesty.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

With several negative tests, you can rest assured that you are not infected.

HIV+ adoption
Viral load 1500