|Natural Birth for HIV+ Woman
Dec 6, 2006
What are the risks for an HIV woman that has already given birth by C-section over 2 years ago and wishes to have a natural birth this time? Her count is very low almost undetectable.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
If your viral load is under 1000 copies and you are on antiretroviral treatment, the chance of transmitting the virus to your baby is very low and vaginal delivery can be considered. Many women can safely delivery a baby vaginally after a prior C-section. However, you should consult with your obstetrician to determine whether this is an option for you.
question of life n death?
Undetectable father and Negative Mom
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Does Any Std Affect Your Urine Flow?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.