Women and HIVWomen and HIV

pregnancy HIV test

I have 2 children, a 4 year old and a 1 1/2 year old, they did a lot of blood work on me I know when I was pregnant with both of them, my question is is did they do an HIV test? I've always assumed they did, but I'm not sure, is it standard proceedure to do an HIV test when a woman is pregnant?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

While universal HIV testing is recommended during pregnancy in the US, local rates of testing may vary. In many states, permission is necessary for the testing to be done, so if you did not provide permission, you may not have been tested. To be sure, you should ask your care provider whether or not a test was done during either pregnancy.

Pregnancy-Breastfeeding
tooth brace