|pregnancy HIV test
Oct 30, 2006
I have 2 children, a 4 year old and a 1 1/2 year old, they did a lot of blood work on me I know when I was pregnant with both of them, my question is is did they do an HIV test? I've always assumed they did, but I'm not sure, is it standard proceedure to do an HIV test when a woman is pregnant?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
While universal HIV testing is recommended during pregnancy in the US, local rates of testing may vary. In many states, permission is necessary for the testing to be done, so if you did not provide permission, you may not have been tested. To be sure, you should ask your care provider whether or not a test was done during either pregnancy.
- How Soon Would They Notify An Hiv Positive After Donating Blood?
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Are Women More Likely To Catch Herpes Than Men?
- What Does A Herpes Blister Look Like?
- What Can Happen If Hpv Goes Untreated?
- What Are Ways To Prevent Getting Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.