Oct 30, 2006
Is breastfeeding an option for an hiv pos woman.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
HIV can be transmitted through breast milk, so formula feeding is advised whenever possible. This is true even for women on highly active antiretroviral therapy; therapy may reduce but not completely eliminate the risk of transmitting the virus to the infant.
want a baby
pregnancy HIV test
- Is Muscle Ache A Sign Of AIDS?
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Chills After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.