Oct 30, 2006
Is breastfeeding an option for an hiv pos woman.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
HIV can be transmitted through breast milk, so formula feeding is advised whenever possible. This is true even for women on highly active antiretroviral therapy; therapy may reduce but not completely eliminate the risk of transmitting the virus to the infant.
want a baby
pregnancy HIV test
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of HIV?
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.