Aug 30, 2006
Can I pass it[HIV] on if my viral load is very low[less than a thousand] or if it goes down to zero.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Available data suggest that the risk of transmitting the virus is reduced but does not become nil with viral loads under 1000 copies per ml. Since there is always the risk of transmitting the virus, safe sex practices are recommended.
formula feeding and stopping milk let down
- Does Hiv Cause Sensitive Skin?
- How Long Does A Sore Throat Last With Early Hiv?
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Color Is The Genital Warts Discharge?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- What Are Long Term Effects For Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.