Women and HIVWomen and HIV

I AM HIV+

I was tested for HIV+ since april 4th 2006, not yet start any medication. please advise me am confused

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

I would urge you to learn as much as you can about HIV and HIV care and then discuss your situation and options for care with your provider. There are many good sources of information on this web site for people who have just been diagnosed. In addition, many treatment centers provide information, support groups, etc. Many newly diagnosed individuals find it helpful to talk with people who are HIV positive and a support or discussion group might be particularly helpful to you.

Recommendations regarding therapy will depend on whether or not you have had clinical symptoms, and what your CD4 count and viral load are. The US guidelines for the use of antiretroviral therapy in adults are published on this web site. The World Health Organization has also issued guidelines that are used in many other parts of the world and they are available on the World Health Organization web site (www.who.int). Again, I would urge you to learn as much as you can and then discuss your options with your care provider. Please feel free to write back if you have any other questions.

Adopting HIV+ 11 mo old
HIV+ and want to have a baby