Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV AIDS AND FUNGUS
Aug 15, 2006

I am HIV Positive woman. I have a problem with my face and fore hands. My face skin is attacked by fungus. What shall I do?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

If you have not already seen your care provider, you should definitely see him or her for diagnosis, which will help to guide appropriate therapy. You don't mention whether you are on antiretroviral therapy (ART), but if you continue to have severe or recurrent fungal infections and are not on ART, you and your care provider might consider this. We often find that recurrent or severe skin infections (fungal or viral) improve on ART.

Previous
No medication for 5 years
Next
tuber culosis and HIV infected person

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.