Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Trouble taking meds.

55 year old hiv positive woman and don't know how to swallow pills.Now that I need to take meds, I'm realy having a hard time coping.I have tried everything.Is there any other way i can recieve treatment until ican learn how to take pills.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

Liquid formulations are available for some antiretrovirals. However, they are sometimes less palatable than the tablet/capsule forms and adult dosages usually require large volumes of the liquid preparations. You should discuss this possibility with your provider. Another alternative is to see whether there is a program nearby that teaches patients to take pills. We often do this for children to increase their treatment options. Many pediatric programs have such programs and you should ask your care provider whether there is a program like this near you.

want a baby but my man is+ and im not
Babies born to hiv infected mothers