Women and HIVWomen and HIV

HIV+

Am a female 25 years old from West Africa tested for HIV +, till now, I could not attend to any medication. What will I do for me to leave my normal life again, because I wish to get married soon before the test was conducted. Please kindly advise.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

I would urge you to use the many helpful resources on this web site to learn more about HIV and your treatment options. You might find the materials for newly diagnosed individuals particularly helpful.

In considering therapy, we usually consider whether or not the patient has symptoms and what the CD4 and viral load are (if available). Therapy is recommended for all symptomatic individuals; WHO guidelines recommend treatment for all individuals with moderate to severe symptoms. If CD4 counts are available, treatment is also recommended for individuals (regardless of symptoms) with CD4 counts under 200. I would urge you to discuss your options with your care provider.

infected others
pregnancy and cd4 count