Apr 26, 2006
If i am three months into my HIV+ status. Is it possible to infect someone during that window period?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Yes, HIV positive individuals can transmit the infection at any time but may be particularly infectious early in infection, when viral loads are high and anti-HIV immune responses are incompletely developed. Antiviral treatment may lessen the risk of transmission by lowering viral load but does not remove the risk entirely. I would urge you to review the many sources of information on this web site regarding safe sex, including the Forum on Safe Sex.
pregnant by positive father
- Does Painful Ejaculation Mean I Have Hiv?
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.