Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Living with AIDS and now possibly breast cancer

I had an abnormal mammogram at this point they are not saying that I have breast cancer, I am scheduled to have a biopsy, I am scared and feel like I am in a catch 22 if I get the treatment for cancer will I have to stop the AIDS treatment, and if I stop the AIDS treatment won't I become resistant to future AIDS meds?

Response from Dr. Sullivan

Breast cancer is a very common cancer in our population; while there are several cancers[ most of these are cancers that involve cells of the immune system] that occur more frequently in individuals with HIV infection there has not been evidence thus far that breast cancers occur more frequently in HIV infected individuals; the good news is that there are very effective treatments which benefit many women with breast cancer; should you be found to have breast cancer, there is no reason that you cant be treated effectively for your breast cancer and continue treatment for your HIV infection; JLS.

link between hyperthyrodism and increased med side effects
Having a Baby with Positive Male