Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Yeast infection and HIV

I had three protected with condoms, sexual intercourse encounters with three separate men in sept/oct. I recd oral from all three men. and gave oral, though not to ejaculation, to all three.

Two weeks after the last encounter I developed a severe vaginal yeast infection and sore throat. Ive only had one or two other such infections in my life. I was treated with difulcan and gynazole, but simultaneously treated with levaquan for a UTI. the yeast came back I was then treated with three days of diflcan , but simultaneously with macro dantin for the last three weeks--an another anitbiotic for the bladder issue. the yeast has returned as has the sore throat. Im now on Diflucan for seven days. Im very upset about this. I tested neg for HIV in dec. 2004. and the men I was with are low risk, ie not iv drug users or homosexuals. Is this more probably a resitant yeast infection complicated by the antibitic use and stress (Just lost my mother and my sister was diagnosd with a terminal illness in sept.) as my dr's think or does it sound like ARS to you? When should I get tested for the most accurate results. Please answer. I havent slept right in weeks.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

Your yeast infections are probably related to antibiotic therapy but you should have a HIV test for reassurance; a negative test now indicates that you were not infected with HIV during these three encounters; JLS.

Pregnancy, Kaletra and Lexiva
Aids Progression