Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Concerned Teen

So I have just started to become sexualy active and I will be 15 in about a month. Not such a good choice I realize but there's no way I can change that now. I have started to become more aware of how easy it is to recive a disease. I never thought at such a young age my partners could cary any STD's or anything harmful but I have found that I could be wrong. I have been having a lot of informative sex-ed classes in school but don't really want to ask my teachers. Latley I have been having a lot of excess white vaginal discharge and don't know if it's something to be seriously worried about. A lot of the symptoms to diseases include excess discharge, but I have not been experiencing anything else abnormal. I don't want to overreact to soon and start to get doctors and my parents involed too soon. I was just wondering what it could mean and if I should start talking to my doctors and if it could be anything serious. Thank you!

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

With the vaginal discharge, you should definitely go to see a doctor for evaluation. You should also strongly consider asking your partners to use condoms. There's a lot of good information regarding safe sex on this web site -- I would recommend that you check it out.

year long yeast infection
children and late diagnosis