Women and HIVWomen and HIV

year long yeast infection

Hey doctors how are you guys doing? I've had a yeast infection now for about a year and there are no signs of it letting up. I have tried over the counter treatments from monistat to any one you can think of. My doctor had also gave me a perscription to take. Im sorry i cant recall the name. But it has not let up yet. I was wondering if there is a link between the yeast infection and possibly H.I.V. The reason why i was wondering is because a friend recently told me that the two can be linked. I would like to know what you think doctor. Thank you so much,, women in distress please help

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

While recurrent or difficult -to-treat yeast infections are often seen in HIV positive women, there are many other potential reasons why a woman may have many yeast infections. If you continue to have this problem, you should ask your doctor for a thorough work-up, which may include HIV testing.

Late Diagnoses
Concerned Teen