Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Can negative hiv results turn poz

I've been poz for 7 years, started meds 6 yrs ago and have been undetectable and healthy. My boyfriend and I stayed together for 5 years after finding out. We never used protection, but he never became poz. We haven't been together for 2 yrs and he still hasn't had a positive test. Is it likely that he will become hiv positive in the future? I heard something about it can take up to 10 years, should I be worried?

Response from Dr. Sullivan

You have been lucky; the risk of transmitting HIV is directly related to viral load; the fact that you have been well treated with an undetectable viral load has minimized the risk of transmission; it should be pointed out that while the risk is low when the viral load is undetectable it is not zero and safe sex practices should always be used;JLS.

HIV Positive Babies
chances of HIV