Women and HIVWomen and HIV

cd4 count low and no meds

My cd4 count is 30 and I am not taking meds at this time. What can I expect.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

Recommendations regarding therapy are based on the presence of clinical symptoms, CD4 count, and viral load. Therapy is recommended for adults with symptoms, absolute CD4 count under 350, or viral load over 100,000. There are several good sources of information on this web site regarding therapy, including the Guidelines for the Use of ART in Adults and Adolescents (see the "Treatment Guidelines" section). I would urge you to review them and then talk with your care provider about what may be most appropriate for you.

HIV+ Mother w/Child
Abortion?