Women and HIVWomen and HIV

HIV+ Mother w/Child

Please help me with this, I am hiv+ and I have a 23mth old daughter. I had her tested at 18 mths, I am not sure what test was done all I know is it was a blood test and it took around 5 days for the results, it was negative(THANK GOD!!) but now she is having night sweats, and a slight dry cough. I am a worry wart and really need some answers. I don't want to have her tested again if there is really no need, she has been through a lot already. PLEASE answer this asap.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

Either antibody or PCR testing can be done at 18 months; if the testing was negative, it is highly unlikely that your child is HIV positive. Other infections (for example, tuberculosis) can also cause night sweats and cough. I would urge you to take her to your pediatrician for a complete check-up.

Does my baby have a chance of being infected with HIV?
cd4 count low and no meds