Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Should my Dtg be tested again

I was a breastfeeing mom at the time of my seroconversion. At the time, I thought I justed had the flu and was not diagnosed as being HIV+ for another 2 months. I continued to breastfeed during the 2 months after seroconverting. My dtg has had 2 PCR tests - the first 1 month after stopping breastfeed and the second 3 after the first. Both were negative. Does she need to have any further follow-up or testing to confirm she is truelly negative?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

If your daugther had a negative PCR 4 months after stopping breastfeeding, she is not infected and there is no need to re-test.

Please explain
33 Yr Old HIV+ Woman