|Should my Dtg be tested again
Oct 17, 2005
I was a breastfeeing mom at the time of my seroconversion. At the time, I thought I justed had the flu and was not diagnosed as being HIV+ for another 2 months. I continued to breastfeed during the 2 months after seroconverting. My dtg has had 2 PCR tests - the first 1 month after stopping breastfeed and the second 3 after the first. Both were negative. Does she need to have any further follow-up or testing to confirm she is truelly negative?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
If your daugther had a negative PCR 4 months after stopping breastfeeding, she is not infected and there is no need to re-test.
33 Yr Old HIV+ Woman
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Should I Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Semen After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps A Sign Of An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.