Oct 10, 2005
A friend's daughter was tested by PCR three times all negative. The last one was when the baby was six months old. Now at 14 months old the baby was sick and in the hospital. Now she has low CD4 and Viral load > than 100,000. How does it happen that the test didn't find it earlier? She was born premature. Could this have something to do with it?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
It is extremely unusual for an infected baby to test negative by PCR at 6 months of age. Prematurity would not affect PCR test results.
Should my Dtg be tested again
- Getting Rid Of Buffalo Hump On Back Of Neck
- How Long Do I Have To Wait To Get A Hep Titer After A Hep B Shot?
- Safety Precautions To Take With People Living With Hiv
- Does Thrush Cause Diarrhea?
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- Vaginosis With Uti Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.