For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

DR.Sullivan....knock knock!!

My exposure was I had protected sex with a prostitute, I ejaculated out and i saw the condom was on my penis.....but here is the twist!

While I was withdrawing my condom had slipped, I vaguely remember but not sure that it covered my urethra....atleast what I am sure of is that when I withdrew I saw the condom hanging on my penis. I AM DEAD FOR SURE!!

To make matters worse, I have severe guilt...I cheated on my girlfriend......

In above circumstances should I test?

I have no symptoms of STD/HIV(ARS) up till now.....It's been close to 30 days.

Thanks for being so kind ...we need you!

god bless and stay well

love.. from india.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

Condoms are very effective in preventing transmission of HIV; based on your description of this single episode it is highly unlikely that you are at risk for infection;if your anxiety level is high and you want to be absolutely sure you are not infected you could wait a few more weeks and get an HIV test ; JLS.

Daughter HIV positive