The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I need a doctor who will assist me in getting pregnant.
Aug 26, 2005

I am an HIV + woman and I want to have a child. I am healthy and have an undetectable viral load. Will you please guide me in the right direction with a trustworthy non-judgemental Dr. or clinic. I live in NJ. Thank You

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

The University of Medicine and Dentistry in Newark has a very active women's HIV program. Dr. Arlene Bardeguez (office phone 973-972-2730), an OB/GYN, at UMDNJ, is highly experienced in HIV care for women. If you do not live near Newark, the program can probably provide you with the name(s) of providers in your area who are experienced in HIV care.

Undetectable VL but low CD4 counts

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint