Women and HIVWomen and HIV

posibilities...

I was told before I stated dating the guy I'm dating now that he has AIDS I was forced to have sex with him unprotected then after 10 mins he decided to use a condom for about 3 mins. I still havent got checked because I'm only 14 and I'm scared to discuss this with my mom or sisters that will be able to take me to get checked. What are the posibilities he passed it?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

Unprotected sex carries the risk not only of passing HIV but also other sexually transmitted diseases (STD), along with the risk of pregnancy. Any young woman who is having sex should have routine gyn checkups and I would urge you to get checked by a doctor or nurse. It would be best if you could confide in and go with a family member, but there are many places (for example, some school clinics, public health clinics, and community health centers) where HIV/STD testing and GYN care can be obtained confidentially.

I'm concerned that you state that you were forced to have sex with your boyfriend without protection. He should use a condom at all times. If he doesn't, he is putting you at risk for HIV and other STD's, and you might want to re-think the relationship.

CD4 counts and treatment
I need a doctor who will assist me in getting pregnant.