Women and HIVWomen and HIV

herpes?

I have been hiv+ for 12 years. Sometimes(about 2 or 3 times per year) I get genital ulcers, usually in the same couple of places. I was tested for herpes and the results were inconclusive so I was told by hospital to consider that negative. Because I still get the sores I question this. They are very painful and uncomfortable. Is it possible to get herpes without exposure since I am hiv+? Is there some other possible cause for these sores?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

You don't mention what was done in the prior testing, but with the history of recurrent sores (and "inconclusive" results), I would recommend that you be re-tested for herpes. If the herpes testing is negative, you might also ask your care provider to test you for other conditions that can cause ulcers. For example, sometimes severe yeast infections can cause ulcers.

t-cell percentage
HIV+ girlfriend possible to deliver health baby