Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Is it possible that they have a virus.

I have pair of twins and I'm not their biological mother, they mom passed away when they were 5 months old now they are 2 yrs and 1 month eight days. I've learn that cause of their mom's death was AIDS related. Is possible that my little angel got infected. At birth they're given a certain drug for the virus. Please help.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

If you have any concerns that your twins might be HIV infected you should ask your childrens doctor to perform a HIV test; the babies are old enough for a simple HIV antibody test that will prove once and for all that they are not infected with HIV;JLS.

emotions and HIV diagnosis
breastfeeding