Women and HIVWomen and HIV

emotions and HIV diagnosis

I don't know of what services I can use but I have been through some heavy emotional changes in my life as of lately. My primary physician cannot put me on disability since stress is not a medical condition (as far as the disability end goes). My current numbers are Tcells 502 and viral load 56,505. I am not on meds yet based on the these numbers. I wonder if you can point me in the direction of help to get me through these rough times. I know that there are agencies that help HIV patients and I am looking for those in the San Diego area. Thank you for your time, I appreciate any help you can offer.

Response from Dr. Horwath

I'm not sure what emotional problems you have had, so it's difficult to give specific advice. However, there are a number of agencies that provide supportive and counseling services to people with HIV infection. I'm not familiar with San Diego, but a large urban center like that must have some help available. Try any AIDS or social service agency, and I'm sure they will steer you to appropriate help. If you prefeer something more private, you can seek a referral to a psychologist, social worker or nurse with experience in this area. Local professional associations, public health services or university clinics may also be useful resources.

Oral sex
Is it possible that they have a virus.