|Pre-cum and testing concern
Jul 6, 2005
I had unprotected receptive vaginal intercourse from a male of unknown status. He never ejaculated inside of me and this happened around 3-4 times. I never had ARS and got tested at around the 14th to 15th week from last encounter. Results were non-reactive. I am now wondering if i need to re-test since the guidelines say the window period can take up to 6 month. Can I rely on my previous test? Please help me.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
The immune system responds very rapidly to a newly acquired infection, including HIV; antibodies are detectable in the majority of individuals within a few weeks and by 3-4 months after exposure more than 99% of individuals will have antibody; you are not infected and need not be concerned anymore about these exposures; JLS.
HIV+ - want to have a baby
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Purple Spots After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.