Women and HIVWomen and HIV

THRUSH IN 9 MONTH OLD

MY NINE MONTH OLD JUST GOT THRUSH AND A YEAST INFECTION. THIS FOLLOWED A STOMACH VIRUS, WHERE SHE HAD DIAHERRA FOR SIX DAYS, AND THROWING UP FOR THREE, ALONG WITH A 102 FEVER FOR ONE DAY, AND A FEW LOW THINGS ON CBC, WHICH SHE WAS DEHYRATED AND GOT FLUIDS, AND A LITTLE BIT OF MEDICINE TO HELP NAUSEA. THEN THIS. SO HERE'S MY QUESTION, COULD MY CHILD SOMEHOW GOT HIV, OR ARE THIS NOT SYMPTOMS OF ARS, AND IS IT NORMAL FOR 9 MONTH OLDS TO GET THRUSH BECAUSE I READ IT DOESN'T USALLY OCCUR AFTER TWO UNLESS THEY HAVE SOMETHIGN WRONG, AND I AM FREAKING OUT, BUT THE MEDICINE SEEMS TO BE HELPING ALOT. SO PLEASE IS IT ALL NORMAL COULD THE STOMACH FLU CAUSE THRUSH?? THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

Infants can get thrush, particularly if they are treated with antibiotics. Recurrent, severe, or hard-to-treat thrush could indicate an underlying immune deficiency. However, it sounds as if this is your child's first episode and that the thrush is clearing rapidly with treatment, so I would not worry.

How is hepatitis spread?
lowered immune system and pregnancy