Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Kidney problem with AIDS

My X-wife like myself is living with AIDS.She is having kidney problems that may require a transplant.She has a very low CD count of 60 and is on kidney dialysis.What has been the status of people getting a tranplant that are living with this disease?Has or is this a problem?What can we expect?

Response from Dr. Sullivan

We have very little information on kidney transplants in HIV infected individuals; there is a large national study underway; a recently published study in Kidney International[ april 2005] showed a godd 2 year outcome in 40 individuals on HAART with HIV RNA <400 copies/ml and CD4 counts greater than or equal to 200; JLS.

I have HIV and just found out I have PID...want to have baby
Mr. DKY