Women and HIVWomen and HIV

I have HIV and just found out I have PID...want to have baby

I was trying to get pregnat before and coundn't. I was told I had pid at some point and had blocked tubes. My only hope was IVF.Now I found out I am also hiv positive, and I still want a baby. I have heard pid usually affects the womb also. If that is true why would my Dr suggest IVF? Should I first get a second opinion to check my womb under a laproscopy, Or does IVF usually work for women who have had pid? I hate the fact of spending lots of money on IVF to then find out it will fail. What are my chances? Thanks

Response from Dr. Sullivan

The questions you are asking are very difficult to answer in a general manner; these should be addressed by an obstetrician who cares for HIV infected women and has experience with the important questions you raise; you should ask your HIV physician for a referral to a HIV specialist obstetrician;JLS.

Hiv + plus having a baby
Kidney problem with AIDS