Women and HIVWomen and HIV

fuzeon and hiv

Good morning!

I am from Romania and I am married since 1 year.I have hiv infection and I am in treatment with antiretroviral (norvir,trizivir,agenerase) and fuzeon.CD-4 is 1180,load viral=0 (<20/mm3).I am first romanian people who did fuzeon and I thing that I am verry lucky.Can I have children?

Response from Dr. Sullivan

If you are HIV infected and have unprotected sexual intercourse there is always some risk of infecting your partner; that risk is very small if your blood viral load is undetectable but the risk is not zero; there are physician specialists who have been very successful working with discordant couples[male infected/female uninfected] with a technique called sperm washing allowing for successful pregnancies without transmission of HIV to the partner or the baby; you should ask your HIV physician to provide you with information about these specialized programs;JLS.

Positive man Negative Woman
Hiv + plus having a baby