Apr 23, 2005
My husband and I just found out that he is HIV+. They did the Western Blot test. Should he do a different type of test to make sure that the diagnosis is right?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
A Western blot is quite specific for HIV and when positive indicates infection with HIV.
Scared for Me & My Newborn Baby
children and hiv
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Burning And Irritation?
- Is Hep C Contagious If Inactive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.