Apr 23, 2005
My husband and I just found out that he is HIV+. They did the Western Blot test. Should he do a different type of test to make sure that the diagnosis is right?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
A Western blot is quite specific for HIV and when positive indicates infection with HIV.
Scared for Me & My Newborn Baby
children and hiv
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Warts On Your Hands?
- 12 Week Test And Protected Sex
- 24 Week Negative Rapid Hiv Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.