Apr 23, 2005
My husband and I just found out that he is HIV+. They did the Western Blot test. Should he do a different type of test to make sure that the diagnosis is right?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
A Western blot is quite specific for HIV and when positive indicates infection with HIV.
Scared for Me & My Newborn Baby
children and hiv
- Flu Symptoms Sign Of Seroconversion
- Is Sore Throat A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.